Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Refashioned Shoes

Refashioned Shoes


I had an old pair of gray boots that fit so perfectly but I wore them so much that I eventually wore them out so I bought a new pair and the old pair eventually just ended up in the back of the closet. Instead of throwing them out I decided to refashion them and there is no better way to refashion anything than glitter.


This project was so easy and only took about a half an hour. The heel of the shoe had an arched shape piece of material so I put a little Mod Podge on it and then sprinkled glitter. I did this all over the heel of the shoe until it was covered. I made sure to do it in little sections at a time to make sure the Mod Podge didn't dry out before I got glitter on it. I used my finger to push down on it to make sure the glitter stayed. I then let it dry for a couple minutes. When it was dry I gently rubbed it to get any excess glitter off. Then I went over it with Mod Podge again to ensure that it stayed.

This project was so easy, just a little messy, but I'm used to having glitter all over my hands. I wear these boots everywhere now, to school, work, shopping, etc. The glitter does come off a little bit, but for the most part it stays on pretty well and they look amazing.


Pictures by my awesome sister Allie Joy

XOXO Anna Lynne


No comments:

Post a Comment